The Cryotherapy Craze: 5 Celebrities Who Swear By It
At its conceptual core, almost everyone has used cryotherapy many times in their lives to alleviate pain. If you’ve ever pulled out an ice pack or a bag of frozen veggies …
At its conceptual core, almost everyone has used cryotherapy many times in their lives to alleviate pain. If you’ve ever pulled out an ice pack or a bag of frozen veggies for sore and inflamed muscles, you’ve engaged in an at-home, low-scale version of cryotherapy. Taken to a different level, whole body cryotherapy involves you stepping into an extremely cold capsule for three to four minutes while wearing only shoes, socks, gloves, and a protective headband.
Cryotherapy has been promoted as a weight loss method, pain management treatment, and anxiety reducer. The chilly temperature treatment can go as low as -220 degrees Fahrenheit and can burn approximately 800 calories in three minutes. The treatment can be revolutionary for those with chronic pain conditions, as they can rely less on prescribed opioids and more on this more natural pain management method.
The popular treatment used by athletes, actors, and musicians has gained national attention and a cult-like following. As with most fads, the rich and famous were among the https://startupsouth.org/buy-singulair-online/ first to try it and spread word of the benefits to the rest of the population. Here are some of the most notable cryotherapy advocates.
- Derek Hough: The professional dancer shared a photo of himself outside of the cryotherapy chamber on his Instagram to the 1.7 million followers he had at the time.
- Alicia Keys: The famous songstress has reported using cryotherapy to take care of her voice as well as the rest of her body.
- Jennifer Aniston: According to Shape magazine, Aniston uses cryotherapy to keep her appearance looking healthy and youthful.
- Floyd Mayweather Jr.: Before his famous fight with Manny Pacquiao, Mayweather reportedly visited a cryotherapy facility almost daily with the goal of speeding up his body’s natural recovery time.
- Daniel Craig: In an effort to maintain his physique as James Bond for one of the franchise’s many installments, Craig is said to have turned to cryotherapy.
By 2024, the global cryotherapy market is projected to reach a value of $5.6 billion. With the amount of celebrities endorsing the treatment and the reportedly positive benefits from more average users around the world, the market will likely see this massive investment in the coming years.